Harvey County Historical Museum Photographs
 

Creator

Preview

image preview

Identifier

2010204366

Approximate Date

1980

Description

Walton. 1980. Harvey County Historical Museum plaque at historic post office/ museum. See #2010.204.364 for photo of this building. / Plaque reads "Walton's Post Office - This was the first business building in Walton. Built in 1872 by William Matthews and first used as a general store. From 1898 until 1959 it was used as the United States Post Office. Mrs. E. Peck was the first postmaster. In 1974 the building was given to the Walton community by Mrs. Mabel Morgan in memory of her late husband Cliff. The Walton Lions Club moved it to the present location and restored it to be used as a museum. Courtesy of the Harvey County Historical Society 1978"

Physical Description

2" x 2"

Subject

Plaques, Historical markers, Harvey County (Kan.), Walton (Kan.)

Rights

© Harvey County Historical Museum. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission. To request permission, contact info@hchm.org. Please credit Harvey County Historical Museum as your source.

Publisher

Access provided by Forsyth Digital Collections

Collection

J. Birch Stuart Collection, Photo Box 19 F Walton

Comments

For questions contact ScholarsRepository@fhsu.edu

Language

eng

Keywords

Plaques, Historical markers, Harvey County (Kan.), Walton (Kan.)

Share

Image Location

 
COinS