This building was originally the hospital on the Fort Hays Military Reservation. It was used as the first classroom building when the school opened in 1902. It was moved in 1904 in sections. The smaller portion was used as a janitor's residence and was close to where Custer Hall is now located, and the larger portion, which was used as a classroom, was moved across the creek close to where Sheridan Hall is located.
Glass negative, black and white, 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches
© University Archives, Forsyth Library, Fort Hays State University
Digitized by Forsyth Digital Collections
Wooster, Lyman Dwight, "Fort Hays Hospital" (1902). Lyman Dwight Wooster Photograph Collection. 630.