Bridge with the spoonholder (a popular trysting place) was built in 1911 to replace the old fort bridge which had been torn down. This bridge was further west of the old fort bridge, and it connected the campus to the land on which Custer Hall was later built. When a new steel bridge was built in 1933, the spoonholder and bridge were torn down. Date of this picture is unknown.
black and white slide
Digitized by Forsyth Digital Collections
Copyright University Archives, Forsyth Library, Fort Hays State University
Wooster, Lyman Dwight, "Spoonholder" (2021). Lyman Dwight Wooster Photograph Collection. 305.