The "Merci" Train for Kansas was given to the college on November 11, 1949, to express the gratitude of the French people for the help received from the United States following World War II in 1947. The car was between Forsyth Library/McCartney Hall and Albertson Hall until it was moved to the Hays American Legion grounds in 1975.
© University Archives, Forsyth Library, Fort Hays State University
Digitized by Forsyth Digital Collections
Wooster, Lyman Dwight, "French Merci Car" (1952). Lyman Dwight Wooster Photograph Collection. 212.