The steel bridge was built in 1933 to replace the old wooden bridge. The Kansas Emergency Relief Committee also helped with the clearing the creek banks of brush and debris, landscaping the area and building a boat landing.
Digitized by Forsyth Digital Collections
Copyright University Archives, Forsyth Library, Fort Hays State University
Wooster, Lyman Dwight, "Footbridge from campus to Custer Hall" (1958). Lyman Dwight Wooster Photograph Collection. 316.