St. Boniface Catholic Church was established in 1907 by parishioners of St. Fidelis Church in Victoria who wanted a parish closer to their farm homes southeast of town. The church is located about 7 miles southeast of Victoria. It is probably best known for its Christmas display of Bethlehem that is assembled every year. Fr. Callistus Ractenwald, who served at St. Boniface for over 52 years, handcrafted items that make up this display.
© Forsyth Library Special Collections, Fort Hays State University. May not be reproduced without permission.
Access provided by Forsyth Digital Collections
Weber, Mitch, "St. Boniface Catholic Church" (2003). Volga German Buildings of Ellis and Rush Counties. 66.