View from the north of the Basilica of St. Fidelis, formerly known as the St. Fidelis Catholic Church, which was built from 1909 through 1911. It received the nickname of "Cathedral of the Plains" from William Jennings Bryan when he visited St. Fidelis in 1912. The church is 220 feet long, 64 feet wide in the nave and 96 feet wide in the transept. Each of its twin towers is 141 feet high.
Access provided by Forsyth Digital Collections
Copyright Forsyth Library Special Collections, Fort Hays State University. May not be reproduced without permission.
Forsyth Library Special Collections, https://fhsu.edu/library/specialcollections/index
Nicholas, Patty, "Basilica of St. Fidelis" (2000). Volga German Buildings of Ellis and Rush Counties. 55.