The Incubator, Academic Hall, now Picken Hall, and the Gymnasium, now Martin Allen Hall on the plains of Western Kansas. The single story building on the left is part of the old Fort Hays Military Reservation known as the "Incubator." Half of the fort hospital was left at the fort, and the other half of the building brought to the new campus to be a classroom. It became known as the Incubator because so many programs began in it.
black and white photograph
Digitized by Forsyth Digital Collections
University Archives, Forsyth Library, Fort Hays State University, https://www.fhsu.edu/library/specialcollections/university-archives
Copyright University Archives, Forsyth Library, Fort Hays State University
"The "Incubator", Picken Hall, and Martin Allen Hall" (1908). University Archives Photographs Collection. 89.