Harvey County Historical Museum Photographs
 

Creator

Preview

image preview

Identifier

2009135168

Description

Sand Creek Freight Yards. 1942 "East Freight Lead. Looking west in the Sand Creek yards. Building to the left is the switch shanty which was formerly the Sedgwick Depot, moved in 1906. To the left of the switch shanty is an old wooden box car used for the storage of hay to feed livestock and alfalfa to feed sheep. The stockyards are to the west of the car body. The dark object to the right is a water tank. The water treating building and section tool house sat behind the water tank. Note the steam switch engine working on the south lead. - Mike Hurley." Snow is covering the tracks and surrounding area. Full resolution copies of this file are not available.

Physical Description

4" x 7"

Subject

Harvey County (Kan.), Men, Railroad construction & maintenance, Railroad employees, Railroad shops & yards, Railroad tracks

Rights

© Harvey County Historical Museum. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission. To request permission, contact info@hchm.org. Please credit Harvey County Historical Museum as your source.

Publisher

Access provided by Forsyth Digital Collections

Collection

L. M. 'Mike' Hurley Collection, Photo Box 25 L. M. 'Mike' Hurley Collection

Comments

For questions contact ScholarsRepository@fhsu.edu

Language

eng

Keywords

Harvey County (Kan.), Men, Railroad construction & maintenance, Railroad employees, Railroad shops & yards, Railroad tracks

Share

Image Location

 
COinS