Harvey County Historical Museum Photographs
 

Creator

Preview

image preview

Identifier

2010204365

Approximate Date

1980

Description

Walton. 1980. Harvey County Historical Museum plaque for Walton United Methodist Church. See #2010.204.363 for photo of church. / Plaque reads "Walton United Methodist Church - The Methodist Episcopal Church of the Walton Circuit was organized in 1876 and services were held in area school houses. A frame structure was built in 1880 on this location. In 1917 the building was replaced by the present brick building. The dedication was held July 20, 1919. The name was changed to the Methodist Church in 1939 after the unification of three Methodist churches. In April, 1968, the Evangelical United Brethren & Methodist Church were united to become the United Methodist Church. Courtesy of Harvey County Historical Society 1978"

Physical Description

2" x 2"

Subject

Plaques, Historical markers, Harvey County (Kan.), Walton (Kan.)

Rights

© Harvey County Historical Museum. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission. To request permission, contact info@hchm.org. Please credit Harvey County Historical Museum as your source.

Publisher

Access provided by Forsyth Digital Collections

Collection

J. Birch Stuart Collection, Photo Box 19 F Walton

Comments

For questions contact ScholarsRepository@fhsu.edu

Language

eng

Keywords

Plaques, Historical markers, Harvey County (Kan.), Walton (Kan.)

Share

Image Location

 
COinS