Harvey County Historical Museum Photographs
 

Creator

Preview

image preview

Identifier

2010204493

Approximate Date

1980

Description

Sedgwick. 1980. Historical marker at Sedgwick Historical Museum Building. / Plaque reads: "Sedgwick Historical Museum Building This is one of the oldest buildings in Sedgwick being moved here from the former Park City site 8 miles southwest of Sedgwick. It is one of only 2 known remaining buildings from the original site of the 1870's. It was originally a dram shop saloon. After Park City lost its bid for county seat the building was moved to Sedgwick in early 1880 and was used as a drug store and doctors office. Some of the doctors using the building were Drs. Mayo & wife, Goddard, Kanavel, Howard, and Buley. Courtesy of Harvey County Historical Society"

Physical Description

2" x 2"

Subject

Historical markers, Galleries & museums, Plaques, Harvey County (Kan.), Sedgwick (Kan.)

Rights

© Harvey County Historical Museum. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission. To request permission, contact info@hchm.org. Please credit Harvey County Historical Museum as your source.

Publisher

Access provided by Forsyth Digital Collections

Collection

J. Birch Stuart Collection, Photo Box 19 E Sedgwick

Comments

For questions contact ScholarsRepository@fhsu.edu

Language

eng

Keywords

Historical markers, Galleries & museums, Plaques, Harvey County (Kan.), Sedgwick (Kan.)

Share

Image Location

 
COinS