Files

Download

Download Full Text (286 KB)

Description

Descendants of John Schlicher supported the Sheridan Coliseum renovation campaign by sponsoring a seat in the new performing arts center in his memory. John Schlicher was the State Representative from Sheridan County who helped approve funds for the new coliseum in 1915. Clarita and Don also tell the story of how the coliseum recived its name, according to family history. When it was proposed that the name of the coliseum be named for him, Mr. Schlicher refused and suggested that it be named after General Philip Sheridan, the Civil War officer for whom the county he represented was named.

Original Publication Date

1986-09-30

Keywords

Fort Hays State University; History; Sheridan Hall; Sheridan Coliseum; Legislators;

Comments

sheridan1915f7.pdf

Sheridan Coliseum: Letter, to Ronald Pflughoft, from Clarita and Don Crawford, September 30, 1986

Share

COinS