Mr. Henry E. Malloy was employed by FHS to teach chorus in 1913. In 1914, he became the head of the department, which soon grew rapidly, with six new instructors added. Mrs. Clara Malloy was the wife of Henry Edward Malloy. She graduated from Bethany Conservatory in Lindsborg and was certified in the violin in 1903 and in voice in 1910. She came to Fort Hays State College with her husband in 1914 from Lindsborg, Kansas. Henry Malloy headed the Music Department and Clara tutored students in violin and vocal music.
Fort Hays State University Archives, "Mr. Henry Edward and Mrs. Clara Malloy Papers, 1892-1973" (2016). Archives Finding Aids. 5.